15 April 2008

This Just In...

Okay, not quite, I knew about this yesterday but Interpol drummer Sam Foggarino will be leaving the band temporarily to start his own side project. The band will be called Magnetic Morning but I doubt they'll be doing anything radically different to what Interpol do (well, without Paul Banks' monolithic voice).

So I guess one of the best bands to come out of New York in recent times will be on hiatus for a while, unless they can find a new drummer. It's a shame as well. Their last album was critically acclaimed, even more so than "Antics" (I really need to get my hands on it). If anyone in the UK has never heard of them (but seriously, they're pretty famous really) then just think of an even darker American version of Editors. Brilliant. Although, it did take me a while to get into them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may make reasonable comments if you wish but ALL comments will be moderated for content and language. So be warned.