31 July 2008

Back. And Q&A

This is just a little quick post to let everyone know that I'm back from holiday and I'm ready to be posting like crazy on both of my blogs (click here) over the weekend and possibly into next week.

On the music front I have decided that some of the money that was left over from my hols should be used to buy up some new CDs. So, expect some reviews of CSS, Ida Maria and Siouxsie and the Banshees (yes, I still haven't got a complete collection) to come your way soon. Oh, and there'll be more from Mercury Month as I go through more nominees and have a good laugh about Estelle's contribution.

Also, many people want to know if I am a musician and how I know about all these new bands. My answer is this: to question one no, but I'd like to play bass because my fingers are a bit too stubby for guitar (I know this from experience).

To the second question, I have my sources, turning up to gigs to watch the support acts is beneficial (this introduced me to, among others, CSS, The Ting Tings, Yeasayer and Delays all well before they were famous. For instance I saw the Ting Tings at a New Young Pony Club gig and banged on about them to my friends who couldn't care less. Skip forward 12 months and I can say that I've seen one of the most popular new bands in the UK live before anyone had heard of them. And knew all of the words to "Great DJ" and "That's Not My Name" at the gig). But the rest is a secret ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that the opening act in the UK might be better than they are here in NYC. Lord knows I've seen some rubbish over the years ... and only one artist that ever compelled me to seek out a cd. (Tara Angel - and I still love the cd!)

    Because of that I tend to skip the opener, but now you've got me thinking that's a mistake. I'll give it a go next time and let you know how it turns out.

    Oh, and you're right, one should never tell *all* their secrets. ;)

    Cheers!

    ~Tara
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to see the opener. You just never know..
    You keep the mystery going. Half the fun is not knowing, so I can come here and regain my former zest for all things musical, and wonder where the hell you get the info.

    ReplyDelete

You may make reasonable comments if you wish but ALL comments will be moderated for content and language. So be warned.