13 March 2009

Introducing: Phoenix



It's a bit stupid that I'm even giving these guys an "Introducing" tag seeing as how I've actually known about them for ages now and just, well, never got round to saying anything about them! So basically they're a bit like Daft Punk mixed with something somewhere along the lines of The Strokes. And if that sounds crazy, well, it's definitely NOT a catastrophe on record.

In fact, they've released 3LPs already, so they must be doing something right. Actually, here's what they're doing right: they don't really mix the two styles which are poles apart instantly - it's more of a case of, we'll use this style on one track and save the guitars for another day. So no, not a mess. So for people who like the more Daft Punk end, go for their debut "United" and for those who would prefer something a little more guitar-orientated then you should probably look out for "It's Never Been Like That" (hmm, appropriate title, considering).

Oh, I've decided not to waffle. Instead, I'll just show you this video for "If I Ever Feel Better". It's lovely stuff, really:



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these guys after I dl'ed 1901.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they sound a lot like Daft Punk. If i listened to the song on the radio I would have assumed that Daft Punk were singing.

    ReplyDelete

You may make reasonable comments if you wish but ALL comments will be moderated for content and language. So be warned.